Millennium Space Systems delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
Millennium Space Systems is looking for experienced LabView developers interested in solving our tough assignments interfacing to one-of-a-kind payloads and satellites. If you’d like to see your work operate in space and validate the satellites we’re building to send there, please apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibilities: You will work in a small team working on specific LabView projects to interface with space-qualified payloads. You will also help produce mission-unique electronic ground test equipment to test and space qualify our company products for flight.
- Day-to-day activities of this position: You will work with our experienced LabView developers in daily scrums to review plans for the day and address any help needed. A minimum of once a week if not more these scrums will expand to interdisciplinary teams within the company to review progress, discuss development issues, and rally around work to be done within agreed upon timelines. Our mission development timelines are much shorter than traditional aerospace companies as our focus is continuously introducing new technology as soon as it can be proven ready for flight. This means quick turnarounds in tasks, documentation, and test.
- Where this position fits: This position reports to our software peer team lead within our engineering development organization. At Millennium Space Systems everyone is treated as a valued member of the team. We actively look for and select the best and brightest candidates from across the country. Our small team means your work will be noticed early and you will be valued for your contributions to our team and our missions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with Computer Engineering electives OR Computer Science with Computer Engineering electives;
- 3-5 year demonstrated experience developing in the LabVIEW environment. You should be prepared to discuss your work in a non-proprietary presentation given to our staff as part of your interview;
- Specific experience required in: LabVIEW FPGA; developing in muti-hundred VI LabVIEW applications; PXI, SBrio, and CRIO real time;
- User level experience with git and Linux is required;
- Demonstrated evidence being self-driven to learn to include outside school engineering projects;
- Comfortable using standard MS Office Suite for documenting and presenting work.
- Candidates who have worked as a Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) or Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) working under a LabVIEW Architect (CLAD).
- Experience with: LabVIEWLabVIEW FPGA; LabVIEW Actor framework; LabVIEW object oriented; implementation of LabVIEW FPGA for communication protocols (I2C,UART,RS422,RS485,SPI).
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.