Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for demanding customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on demonstrated excellence. Superstars are welcome.
As a Spacecraft Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for developing new spacecraft systems to serve a range of missions and customers. This includes monitoring and guiding the design, implementation and verification of the overall space vehicle system. You will interact with subsystem and unit engineers, manufacturing and test personnel, and program management. You will be in charge of the technical elements of the space vehicle system. Our spacecraft systems engineers create spacecraft -- not just paperwork.
- Analyzing mission objectives to determine spacecraft system requirements
- Creating space system concepts and configurations to meet system requirements
- Analyzing orbits and trajectories to fulfill mission objectives
- Developing spacecraft CONOPS and design reference missions
- Performing quantitative trade analyses, make-buy analyses and vendor selections
- Allocating and defining subsystem requirements
- Flowing down requirements from mission to component (box) level and maintaining the traces
- Tracking Technical Performance Metrics for systems and subsystems
- Creating and maintaining critical budgets (e.g. mass, power, propulsion, link, etc.)
- Creating and maintaining spacecraft states and modes tables
- Creating launch vehicle, payload, and ground interface control documents
- Creating and reviewing materials for design and readiness reviews
- Tracking and resolving discrepancies during development and I&T.
- Tracking requirements verification and validation
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace or other relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of direct aerospace experience
- Demonstrated experience with detailed space systems engineering
- Demonstrated experience with power, mass, and other system budgets
- Demonstrated experience with requirements analysis and flow-down
- Demonstrated experience with design verification and validation processes
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management to the component (box) level
- Demonstrated experience with satellite level integration and test processes
- Demonstrated experience with satellite in-orbit operations
- Master's Degree in Aerospace or other relevant engineering discipline
- Ten (10) years professional experience in space systems engineering
- Direct experience of least one full spacecraft life-cycle from concept to in-orbit operations
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan. Relocation assistance to Southern California can be provided.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.