Contractor Program Security Officer
Millennium Space Systems delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. Join our world-class team and help create the future of affordable, high-reliability space systems. We work in a fast-paced open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence.
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Contractor Program Security Officer is responsible for creating a secure environment to facilitate the successful development and execution of classified programs at the assigned organization where classified information is stored, accessed, or where accessed personnel are assigned. The CPSO will be responsible for security management and operations within their assigned activity, organization and office. The CPSO will enforce strict adherence to applicable laws as well as national DoD, and other security policies and requirements. Coordination of classified matters with the respective government representative will be at the forefront of the CPSO’s responsibilities. The CPSO will be charged with the establishment of quality training for assigned accessed personnel, and conduct and document annual compliance inspections and telegraph corrective action plans.
This position’s internal job code is Industrial Security Specialist. Our team is currently hiring for level 4.
- Manage personnel security records for DoD collateral clearances, SCI and SAP/SAR programs to include updating the Defense Information System for Security (DISS) and providing updates and status on briefed personnel to the Customer.
- Manage an access quotas system for SAP/SAR programs to include providing monthly status reports, processing Program Access Requests (PAR), performing access eligibility determinations, processing visit certifications, and conducting program indoctrinations and debriefings.
- Assist with staff assistance visits, security reviews and inspections as well as conducting initial, recurring and refresher security education training.
- Maintain accountability of controlled documents and media to include active inventory lists, destruction receipts and transfer of documentation.
- Ensure personnel in secure areas have the necessary clearances; prevent prohibited items from entering secure areas and prevent controlled documents and/or media from exiting the SCIF without approval.
- Responsible for accreditation of the facility as well as all new or existing facilities; maintain accreditation folders on all facilities, ensure accreditations are accurate and current.
- Perform Communication Security (COMSEC) custodial duties and manage COMSEC account (including inventory, distribution and destruction).
- Ensure usage of classified and controlled systems comply with all customer defined security requirements and applicable federal regulations.
- Participate in planning and executing Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities.
- Support the development of authorization packages needed to obtain and maintain Authority To Operate (ATO), such as the implementation of security controls, planning, writing security procedures and conducting continuous monitoring activities.
- Review Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables for security. This includes, but is not limited to IS & Physical Security Plans, Management Plans and Test Plans. Provide comments and recommendations as required.
- Review and provide comments for Statements of Work, contracts, RFPs and Security Plans.
- Prepare DD254s and review DD254s for prime and sub-contractors.
- Interpret and implement security classification guides during all phases of the acquisition effort. Periodically review proposed industry interfaces, Operations Security (OPSEC) procedures, and legends for continued applicability.
- Assist with the development of Program Protection Implementation Plans (PPIP).
- Review operational requirements and system specification documents to ensure applicable national security requirements are addressed and incorporated into the final system design ensuring the resulting acquisition effort delivers a system that meets accreditation standards.
- Participate in system design reviews to ensure security requirements are incorporated. Apply knowledge of security requirements, TEMPEST standards and COMSEC requirements to provide input to developmental engineers involved in the design solution process.
- Participate in System Security Working Groups.
- Review Public Release and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests and prepare associated correspondence for the staffing of release requests.
- Investigate and document security violations/incidents, providing recommendations to the government security official.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), providing written correspondence for government signature recommending approval or addressing comments requiring further clarification from the submitter.
- This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI Eligibility (U.S. Citizenship Required. A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active. More information on this process can be found by following the Mandatory Security Clearance and Access Process Disqualifying Criteria link which is listed in the job posting).
- 3-5 years of CPSO/Industrial Security experience.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable of the following Government policies; NISPOM, DoDM 5205.07 Vol 1-4, DoD SAP Manuals, ICD-705, Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (ICD/ICS 705 compliance documents) , DoD 5105.21 Vol 1-3, Sensitive Compartmented Information Security Manual Series, The Security, Use and Dissemination of Sensitive Compartmented Information.
- Must be able to relate to a diversified customer base and be knowledgeable of DoD operations.
- Capable of working as a team member simultaneously functioning independently and accept responsibility for assigned actions.
- OPSEC & Program Protection Planning experience.
- Experience conducting indoctrinations pertaining to classified program information, general and program specific security awareness, and ad hoc briefings related to maintaining Secure environment.
- Experience with handling, transporting, documenting, and accounting for classified material.
- General knowledge with ICD 705 and the application of technical and specifications for construction of classified areas.
- Formal appointment as a control officer for accountable classified material (TSCO, etc)
- Experience with performing Communication Security (COMSEC) custodial duties and managing COMSEC account (including inventory, distribution, and destruction).
- Drafting artifacts in support of the transportation of classified material.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only of what is reasonably expected to be paid for the position. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
- Level 4: $103,700 - $152,500
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.